Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Children's Oil Custom Portraits: a sampling of my Girl's and Boy's Oil portraits





Here are a few samples of my Children's oil and pastel custom portraits. When I began in portraiture I painted mostly in pastel and mostly children, as the clean up time was quick and materials non-toxic, something I needed at that time. The portrait of the girl above is in pastel. The boy is in oil.

I attended weeklong classes at Connie Pratt's Master Workshop on Cape Cod. We'd be painting all day from life with a lunch break, so my skills were quickly honed: accurate drawing, development of form and use of the pastel to create volume. Those were delightful days and she showed me a few of her secret techniques, when she saw how serious I was to learn all I could. I am looking forward to getting started on a pastel this fall of a woman. Working in different mediums is a wonderful way to keep one's work fresh and alive.

www.soniahale.com