Saturday, December 12, 2015

Posthumous portrait: On the easel

I am currently working on a posthumous portrait for a lovely young woman. She lost her Mom so early in her life and therefore I am honored to paint this commission of her mother. It will be on the smaller side and I started it at 8 x 10, but now just this morning decided the painting will look better at 9 x 12 and I know she'll be pleased that the painting will be larger. This is a design decision, based upon my years of graphic design and 17 years of painting commissioned portraits. I am most decidedly not a factory, but hopefully at the end of the day, a place with an intersection of thoughtfulness, care, art and joy.

I am eager to complete a few paintings in my studio before Christmas and I'm working hard on the weekends and doing my holiday shopping during the week.

To commission a painting, please email me at soniahale1@gmail.com.