Thursday, February 18, 2016

New Portrait Commission: A 50th Birthday gift

I am looking forward to getting started next week on a birthday commission for the recipient's 50th Birthday gift. I have been working on several smaller paintings, polishing them up, getting the last important strokes in which bring a painting to life.

When I paint I think a lot about the person's character: this is my training and viewpoint. That I am not simply copying, but imparting a viewpoint. The feeling of the subject at that time in that setting with that light. I work to convey the subject on the most flattering terms as well!

I will post the smaller pieces I'm finishing up soon. One is a portrait of a precious little white dog.

The other portrait is a posthumous of a young mother. I am pulling out all the stops to make this piece capture the loveliness of this mom.

To send me an email, please click here soniahale1@gmail.com.

My work is guaranteed and I have many testimonials on my website.